Dealing with difficult people & conflict situations is a 1-2day session designed to help people understand how to navigate their way in difficult situations, assess their conflict resolution styles and realise that different doesn't always mean difficult.
Timing: 1-2 days
Follow up sessions, ongoing support and resources are available.
Key topics include:
- Recognising and respecting Different Communication Styles
- Working effectively with Different Communications Styles
- Recognising the differences between Passive, Aggressive and Assertive Behaviours
- The part Fear plays in miscommunication and conflict
- Recognising Difficult Situations and Causes of Conflict
- Assessing the Levels of Conflict
- Assessing conflict resolution styles
- Strategies for Dealing with Difficult Situations
- Learn to Argue Fairly
- Enhancing Listening Abilities to Really Hear What is Being Said
- My Personal Action Plan
- The Practice Of Doing It Now
Participants will have the opportunity to assess theirs and others communication and conflict resolution styles and learn strategies to address difficult situations to apply in their daily life via role plays, cases studies and other group work.