St. Augustine: People travel to wonder at the height of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars; and they pass by themselves without wondering.
Communicating Assertively and With Confidence
Communicating Assertively & With Confidence is a 1 day session designed to help participants recognise the differences between Passive, Aggressive and Assertive behaviours, and develop more assertive communication strategies.
Timing: 1 day
Follow up sessions, ongoing support and resources are available.
Key topics include:
- What is Assertiveness?
- The Benefits of Being Assertive
- Differences between Passive, Aggressive and Assertive Behaviours
- The effects on you when you are Passive, Aggressive or Assertive
- The effects on others when you are Passive, Aggressive or Assertive
- Cultivating verbal assertion skills
- How to present ideas and information assertively
- Being 'Other' aware and not taking it personally
- My Personal Action Plan
- The Practice Of Doing It Now
Participants will come away understanding the benefits of being assertive to themselves and others. Through regular practice they can develop their confidence when communicating idea and information.