Barrett Sales BlogSubscribe to receive free weekly tips and advice
Elisabeth Kubler-Ross: It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth -- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up -- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had.
Be the change you want to see in the world
Mind Your Emotions® encompasses a series of programs and facilities our parent company Barrett has developed to give people access to tools, processes and assessments that can help them develop strategies to enhance their self awareness and emotional resilience and allow people to make the most of their capabilities and the situations they find themselves in on a daily basis. At Barrett we do more than just train people in skill and process; we help people become more emotionally aware, intelligent and resilient in a number of ways. Barrett works with the whole person and can provide people with access to a ranges of assessments and programs which give insight and teach people how to manage their emotions.
Developing a Healthy & Resilient Attitude
The first step to becoming more emotionally aware, healthy and resilient is the acknowledgment that there is room for improvement and taking the time to learn more about yourself. The following behaviours and attitudes are some ways in which self awareness, health and emotional resilience can be demonstrated and measured:
- Have realistic and attainable expectations and goals.
- Show good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Be persistent and determined.
- Be responsible and thoughtful rather than impulsive.
- Be effective communicators with good people skills.
- Learn from past experience so as to not repeat mistakes.
- Be empathetic toward other people (caring how others around them are feeling).
- Have a social conscience (caring about the welfare of others).
- Feel good about themselves as a person.
- Feel like they are in control of their lives.
- Be optimistic rather than pessimistic.
To ensure our strategy is right for you, Barrett can incorporate a range of methods into our work including Emotional Intelligence (EI) theory, Positive Psychology, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness and Meditation.
Five reasons to Mind Your Emotions®
- Self Awareness and Personal Growth
- To experience more positive emotions and less distress in your life
- To increase wanted behaviours and decrease unwanted ones
- To be an effective leader, partner, parent, friend, team player, etc.
- To manage the effect of emotions on personal / team performance, workplace well-being and happiness